I just realized I hit "reply" for all previous emails, so I did not
send them to the list.  I'll copy paste them below.

I am converting the elf to bin to be able to correct the checksum
afterwards with a little tool I wrote. This way openocd does not emit
warnings about the verification failiure. Maybe this has been fixed
since, but when I first started programming with it, it could replace
the checksum with the correct value during write, but could not verify
the write afterwards.

I had no idea, what the register setting did.
At first I used the script without that command, but it kept doing the
same thing it is doing now. I started looking around, and found it on
some forum that it *should* be useful. (It wasn't)
I searched the manual to learn what it does, without success. It's a
shame that the register addresses in the manual are separated with
spaces, and that's causing a lot of headaches when searching for
registers by address. Thanks for the input Peter, I found it now.

The lpc17xx is a cortex-m3, yes.

I'll be at work in a few hours, and I'll provide you with a programming output.

Here are my past emails:

As far as I understand, reset halt is not supported on my target
because srst pulls trst.

Regards,
 Ákos

Every second one works. It doesn't matter if the device is blank or
not, or when the programmer is connected.

Suppose code is running, but it it faulty.
Connect the programmer, run openocd once, it does not work.
Run openocd twice, and it works.

If the programmer is disconnected and connected again between the
programmings, it does not matter. I usually leave it on for debugging,
so I connect it when I get to work, and disconnect after several
programming cycles.

If I accidently do 3 programmings, it doesn't work again. After the
fourth it works.
So every other programming is successful.

Ákos

I'm not sure I understand what should I change to "separate"...?

Regards,
 Ákos

I just realized I left my programmer at work, so I'll be back to you tomorrow.

Ákos