On Fri, Oct 11, 2002, Michael Schloh von Bennewitz wrote:

> We recently packaged the new version 1.50 of bison. It builds fine, and
> works well when native parsing. If used with the '-y' (yacc compatibility
> switch) it will fail in places where the traditional yacc does not. The
> Opensource community is split on whether this is a bug in 1.50 or not.
>
> Beware that some package builds will succeed with the older bison 1.35 package,
> but will fail with the newer bison 1.50 package. A short (but not
> comprehensive) list follows. This problem does not affect the OpenPKG 1.1
> release, because the new bison 1.50 package is not included in it. The new
> bison 1.50 package is found in ftp://ftp.openpkg.org/current/SRC/.
>
>   Broken packages with OpenPKG bison-1.50-20021008
>   ------------------------------------------------
>   inn
>   ispell
>   petidomo
>   kerberos
>   tetex
>   unixodbc

I've now downgraded to 1.35 but kept the 1.50 version as "bison-beta",
similar to what we did with Flex. This way the dependent packages have
a stable Bison and others still can play with the new stuff. I've also
sent the Bison developers an mail about their Bison latest changes which
break OSSP software.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com
Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]