On Wed, Oct 16, 2002, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 16, 2002, Michael Schloh von Bennewitz wrote:
>> The following packages are now completely patched to build with the Berkeley
>> db 4.1.24 API.
>>
>>   exim
>>   imapd
>>   inn
>>   openldap
>>   perl-db
>>   postfix
>>   sasl
>>   sendmail
>>   snmp
>>   webalizer
>
> Great. Thanks, Michael.
>
> Btw, you said recently that Postfix builds but breaks under runtime.
> It this still true, i.e., do we have to investigate?

It works normally when upgrading from a previous version. Without a
workaround, it will break when generating the .db config files after a first
installation. It seems to be able to update any preexisting .db config files,
but not generate new ones. I have not gotten to the bottom of this yet, so yes
we do have to investigate further.

The same goes for the other packages, many of which are hard to test for many
reasons. The inn worries me a little, because I haven't been able to properly
test it from outside our firewall. Christoph has helped me with this, but it
seems that my IP needs to be entered into the config of a news feeder that I
have no access to. That is under progress also.

As far as I know, imap, sasl, and sendmail were broken long ago, before db
entered the scene.

Regards,
Michael