On Tue, Dec 03, 2002, Michael Schloh von Bennewitz wrote:

> >   Log:
> >     Fix and polish new package:
> >[...]
> >     - add dependency gcc (because of C++)
> >[...]
> >
> Why do you assume this gcc dependency? Please restate your criteria for
> making a C or C++ compiled package depend explicitly on our gcc package.
>
> Should we maybe add a CC and C++ meta dependency to OpenPKG?

Every package which requires C++ has to depend on "gcc" because we
cannot assume a C++ compiler on every platform. We only assume "cc" on
every platform and that this is an ANSI C compiler. C++ would be a too
strong requirement. Hence every C++ based package has to require "gcc",
because this provides C and C++.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com
Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]