Hi,

while beeing a nice idea I am not 100% convinced that introducing the
three openpkg users gains much more than it costs.

While we are all aware of the fact that we gain not much security with the
introduction of these extra users we know that the extra protection from
falsely interacting with the wrong rpm db can be archieved differently.

Especially when using openpkg to employ deamons (like apache, postfix,...)
it starts to become an annoyance to have the special openpkg users.
(Without root permissions it is difficult to give the directories correct
ownership when installing an openpkg rpm)

I therefor would like to discuss if it is possible to drop the 3 openpkg
users approach?

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold

e r f r a k o n
Nobelstraße 15, 70563 Stuttgart, Germany
mobil: 0175 4148693
fax: 0175 13 4148693
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]