I don't know whether this subject has been discussed before, but I would
like to suggest moving the code from the openpkg .bashrc file into the
.bash_login file since it's not uncommon for loops to occur processing the
.bashrc file.

Having the ``eval'' in the bashrc file can easily result in loops, and may
well change and externally set PATH breaking some programs.  It's been many
years since I read discussion of what belonged in csh .login files as
opposed to those in the .cshrc, but I seem to remember that things like the
``eval'' were better in the file processed once per session.

Even if there are good reasons not to do this, I would like to see these
files specified ``%config(noreplace)'' to prevent automatic changes when
updating openpkg.

Bill

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill
the world with fools. -- Herbert Spencer (1891)
Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]