On Tue, 11 Feb 2003, Bill Campbell wrote:

> I ran into a problem recently where I had installed the openpkg version of
> postfix on a SuSE 8.1 system, and removed the system's postfix RPM which
> required ``--force --nodeps'' to ignore other dependencies.  Everything
> worked fine until I used the SuSE system update function which promptly
> reinstalled postfix to ``fix'' the unsatisfied dependencies.

As another way one might create a dummy MTA package for your vendor which
provides the vendors dependencies as weel as the required links into a
specified OpenPKG instance.

Maybe we need a dedicated contrib section for all of those RedHat, SuSE,
Debian, etc distros which contains suitable .rpm respectively .deb
packages to fullfil specific vendor dependencies.

--
Christoph Schug <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cable & Wireless Deutschland - Landsberger Strasse 155 - D-80687 Muenchen