On Fri, Feb 28, 2003, Ingo T. Storm wrote:

Hi,

> I am not sure whether openpkg-tool is simply missing some deps or
> whether I am completely mistaken about the principle of OpenPKG.

> [openpkg] index -p solaris-2.9 -C /cw/share/rpm-cache.db -o
> ./PRIV-INDEX.rdf -i /export/openpkg/BIN/
>
> Can't locate DB_File.pm in @INC (@INC contains:

That error is caused by the nasty difficulty of providing an openpkg-tool
that is fully self-contained and that must only rely on the bootstrap
files.

If we had made openpkg-tool dependend on perl (and perl-db for the -C option
of the index part) it wouldn't be possible to install these using the
tool even when most systems already provide a suitable perl version.

So we chose to drop the dependencies to make life simpler in most
situations.

To solve your problem: avoid the -C option until you have installed
the perl-db package (or the DB_File module if you do not have the perl
package installed and openpkg-tool finds a system-provided perl).

I have added a word about this issue to the man page. openpkg index
will also show now a less confusing error message if DB_File is required
but not installed.

Greetings,
--
                                       Michael van Elst