On Wed, Mar 05, 2003, Bill Campbell wrote:
> Is there any standard in openpkg for placement of jar files?  I'm building
> a package for mysql-connector-java, JDBC support for mysql, and want to use
> CLASSPATH to point to a directory in an openpkg instance.  My first cut put
> it in %{l_prefix}/lib/mysql-connector-java/, but I think it might better be
> in some place like %{l_prefix}/lib/java/...

There's no standard so let's make one ;-) %{l_prefix}/lib/java/ is generic and
makes sense to me. If nobody complains, then it's the new CLASSPATH standard
and will be documented as such.

There are already some jar files installed to %{l_prefix}/libexec/j2se/, but I
think we need to leave those there (Sun has their own standard for where to
find things.) I ponder symlinks to %{l_prefix}/lib/java/, though.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Development Team, Application Services