On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 01:54:39PM +0200, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>On Sun, May 18, 2003, Tassilo Erlewein wrote:
>Linux Distros do it this way, yes. A clean system where you just have
>a single version of Berkeley-DB for all packages usually do not want
>those libfoo-VERSION.a stuff. In OpenPKG we went the hard way and fixed
>many packages so they work with the latest Berkeley-DB 4.1 while the
>Linux distros just go the lazy way and install multiple versions of
>Berkeley-DB to avoid having to fix all their packages. We do not really
>want this.

Worse, some Linux distros actually have the berkeley libraries buried in
their glibc packaging so changing them can break the entire system.

Bill
--
INTERNET:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]   Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC
UUCP:              camco!bill   PO Box 820; 6641 E. Mercer Way

The question is, why are politicians so eager to be president?  What is
it about the job that makes it worth revealing, on national television,
that you have the ethical standards of a slime-coated piece of
industrial waste?
                -- Dave Barry, "On Presidential Politics"
Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]