Request 168 was acted upon.

     Subject: openssl CA.pl missing
  Requestors: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       Queue: openpkg
       Owner: Nobody
 Transaction: Correspondence added by rse
        Time: Tue Jul 01 17:42:27 2003

On Tue, Jul 01, 2003, Thomas Lotterer via RT wrote:

> this script is frequently referenced in HOWTOs etc.

And is a Perl script (means run-time dep to "perl"), and a very bad
script, too. I personally dislike this stuff, but ok, if people want it
then install it ("perl" is a build-time dep already). But please not
install it as "CA.pl" in <prefix>/bin/. Use just "CA" or even better
(perhaps my vote), install it into <prefix>/share/openssl/ and do not
add a run-time dep to Perl.. I don't know. I just know I personally
dislike it, so feel free to make your own decision and action ;-)

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com