On Fri, Sep 12, 2003, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>On Thu, Sep 11, 2003, Bill Campbell wrote:
>
>> I'm attempting to build OpenPKG release 1.3 on OS X/Darwin, and it builds
>> with one minor hack in gzip to keep it from trying to use the assembler.
>> Unfortunately once it's built, rpm fails when attempting to rebuild or
>> install SRPMS with the error:
>> Does anybody have any suggestions or solutions to this before I go digging?
>
>I strongly suggest you to retry with the OpenPKG-CURRENT "openpkg"
>package and its RPM 4.2.1. There were lots of fixes in this area inside
>RPM. And if we finally should integrate MacOS support into OpenPKG. we
>definetely need patches against OpenPKG-CURRENT anyway...

I did try building against the current yesterday, and the compile
failed in several places with a variety of syntax errors which I
haven't had time to investigate.

Bill

It is practically impossible to teach good programming style to
students that have had prior exposure to BASIC: as potential
programmers they are mentally mutilated beyond hope of
regeneration.
                -- Dijkstra
Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]