While tracking down a problem on a FreeBSD 4.8 system today in
which findutils-4.1.20-1.3.0 wasn't creating the database, I
found that the %{l_prefix}/bin/updatedb script doesn't honor an
externally defined TMPDIR environment variable, but sets its own.

The TMPDIR environment variable is fairly standard (at least as
Unix standards go :-), and I think it might be very useful to
implement this standard in OpenPKG packages.  I would probably
want to set this in the %{l_prefix}/etc/rc.conf file on a
per-system basis.

Bill

``We maintain that the very foundation of our way of life is what we call
free enterprise,'' said Cash McCall, "but when one of our citizens
show enough free enterprise to pile up a little of that profit, we do
our best to make him feel that he ought to be ashamed of himself."
                -- Cameron Hawley
Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]