On Fri, Dec 19, 2003, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>On Thu, Dec 18, 2003, Bill Campbell wrote:
>
>> Is there any reason why the perl-www package doesn't contain HTML::Template?
>
>No, it simple wasn't added, because no one asked for it until now ;-)
>
>Well, OTOH I think, it first would be in perl-xml and not perl-www,
>because perl-xml has all the XML/XHTML and SGML/HTML parsing modules.
>Second, the HTML::Template module I personally find not very useful,
>because it is very special and multiple more functional and generic
>alternatives exists, e.g. HTML::Mason, HTML::Embperl, etc. So, wouldn't
>it be better to include those into perl-xml or perl-www?

I think that perl-www is the place for it since it's complementary to the
CGI::Application module that's in perl-www now.  The others may well be
more useful, but for many HTML::Template may be sufficient (for that
matter, zope is probably better -- but it has a very steep learning curve
:-).

Bill
--
INTERNET:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Bill Campbell; Celestial Systems, Inc.

``Microsoft IIS has more holes than a wheel of Swiss Cheese after a shotgun
blast'' -- John Dvorak
Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]