On Wed, Sep 22, 2004, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>On Wed, Sep 22, 2004, Bill Campbell wrote:
>
>> The attached patch to the Release 2.1 tetex package tetex.spec
>> file fixed a dependency conflict with the texinfo package.
>
>This is already fixed in the latest "tetex" package from
>OpenPKG-CURRENT.
>
>> It
>> also removes the %{l_prefix}/bin/newer file which isn't in the
>> SuSE 9.x versions of tetex (and happens to conflict with an
>> internal package that we use :-).
>
>Hmmm.... at least I do not see what this program has to do with TeX, so
>if teTeX internally doesn't use it from some scripts we can remove it.
>Are you sure that no internal stuff uses this?

Not absolutely, positively sure, but (a) I didn't see anything, and (b) the
SuSE tetex distributions don't have any ``newer'' program, and they're the
same tetex version number as the OpenPKG.

I'm building tetex in preparation of building lyx.  So far I've failed
building lyx on a FreeBSD 4.8 box (yeah, I know I should update it), so am
switching to SuSE 9.0 or 9.1 since that's where I do my serious desktop
work.

FWIW, our OpenPKG environment here is basically Release 2.1 with selected
CURRENT packages as I'm attempting to minimize the amount of time I spend
rebuilding and updating on production machines.

Bill

``There is nothing as stupid as an educated man if you get him off the
thing he was educated in.''
    Will Rogers
Developer Communication List                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]