On Sunday 27 February 2005 11:26, Matthias Kurz wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 27, 2005, Jim Helm wrote:
> > Ok, I think I know the answer already, but I had to ask...
> >
> > Is it possible to build dso modules using either apache or apache2
> > apxs under OpenPKG 2.3?  I'd like to use fastcgi under apache2 (or
> > even apache, if you'd add mod_proxy to the list of with_ options).
> > But it seems because of your preference for statically linking (which
> > I agree with) - apxs will only build .a and .la files, which are
> > useless unless I rebuild apache by hand, which defeats the purpose of
> > using OpenPKG in the first place.

We use apache1 and apache2 with shared core support just as Matthias
mentioned. Currently with apache1 we use php as a shared module and it works
very well. I have about 20 of the php "with_" options defined during build.
With apache1 we also use the Coldfusion and SunOne ASP shared modules and
they work just fine too.

We are mostly in the testing phase of apache2, but php works as a shared
module too. If you use "with_gd" as Matthias mentioned you will get a
"unresolved symbol" error at apache start. I was able to fix that with by
adding "-ljpeg -lpng" to the "libs" variable in the php spec file. I haven't
yet submitted a patch. We are also testing mod_dav_svn shared module support
in apache2 and that seems to be working also.

Mark Keller
Systems Administrator
Portland State University

Developer Communication List                   openpkg-dev@openpkg.org