On Sat, Apr 16, 2005, Bill Campbell wrote:

> The attached python.patch file and patch to the python.spec file bring
> python up to date with the 2.4.1 release as well as adding several options,
> dependencies, and a few tweaks to get various modules to build properly on
> a SuSE 9.2 Professional system running OpenPKG Release 2.3 (mostly with
> some CURRENT thrown in for good measure :-).
> [...]
> I added the dependencies mostly because The Python build process doesn't
> say much about failed extension builds so one may well not get all the
> modules expected.  I set the defaults for all these modules to "yes" so the
> behaviour should be unchanged on a build where all the required packages
> are installed.
> [...]

Ok, taken over with just two changes: 1. I've switches the modules to
"no" because else the "python" package would require a large amount of
other packages by default (which is a little too much IMHO, especially
compared to what we are doing in other packages, too) and 2. I've
renamed with_bsdb to with_db as this is the name we are using in mostly
all other packages which require Berkeley-DB.

Thanks for your contribution, Bill.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com