On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 21:28 +0200, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> The remaining changes you've made for making the user/group configurable
> I've also not taken over as it is a little bit against the general
> principle of having all OpenPKG packages fit together and of having the
> OpenPKG instance fully self-contained. The default user/group should
> fit what the MTAs expect, shouldn't it? If we allow the user/group to
> be changed, a totally different package comes out which mainly exists
> just to integrate better with software _outside_ OpenPKG, right? I see
> the motivation for adding this flexibility, but OTOH if we go into this
> direction for the "mailman" package, why are we not doing it also for
> all other packages? If we really need this flexibility, I think a more
> general solution (perhaps doing a "--rebuild --musr foo --mgrp foo")
> should be provided...

The main reason for adding an option to change the musr & mgrp is so
that we can add this change into the build file for automated
rebuilding.  If we have to manually rebuild the package with those
options then it defeats the ability of rebuilding the software using the
build file.

--
David M. Fetter - UNIX Systems Administrator
Portland State University - www.oit.pdx.edu