On Fri, Jun 03, 2005, Matthias Kurz wrote:

>     remove the nonessential and incomplete test for a C++ preprocessor
> [...]
>   -        -e 's;-L. -lpcre;libpcre.la;' \
>   -        Makefile.in
>   +        -e '/LINENO: error: C[+]* preprocessor/{N;N;N;N;s/.*/:/;}' \
>   +        configure

Thanks.

Just one recommendation for the future: your change actually does two
things in parallel. It removes a no longer necessary hack and add a
new hack but mentions in the commit message just the added hack.

While reviewing this in depth I had to build this latest version (5.0)
of "pcre" myself to see that the old hack (which was for 4.3 according
to the logs) really is acceptable to be removed, because I was unsure
whether you intentionally removed it or not.

So, both to help me in reviewing those changes and to have a more
complete track record for the .spec file changes, please mention those
subtle things with a few words (prefixing with "remove obsolete hack
and..." is sufficient, no long stories necessary).

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

Developer Communication List                   openpkg-dev@openpkg.org