On Sun, Jun 12, 2005, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

>   OpenPKG CVS Repository
>   http://cvs.openpkg.org/
>   ____________________________________________________________________________
>
>   Server: cvs.openpkg.org                  Name:   Ralf S. Engelschall
>   Root:   /v/openpkg/cvs                   Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   Module: openpkg-src                      Date:   12-Jun-2005 00:22:50
>   Branch: HEAD                             Handle: 2005061123225000
>
>   Modified files:
>     openpkg-src/cvs         cvs.spec
>
>   Log:
>     Unbreak CVS by backing out this part of revision 1.100:
>
>     | - added CPPFLAGS to avoid warning from configure
>     |   WARNING: Package ZLIB is more recent than requested external version
>     |   (1.2.1 > 1.1.3).  configure with the --without-external-zlib
>     |   option to select the more recent version.
>
>     The reason is that for still totally unclear reasons this
>     horribly breaks CVS under runtime. The effect is that instead of...
>
>     | $ cvs up
>     | cvs update: Updating .
>
>     one gets:
>
>     | $ cvs up
>     | cvs update: nothing known about `up'
>     | cvs update: nothing known about `-P'
>     | cvs update: nothing known about `-d'

That is the effect, when GNU getopt is not used.
Is it possible that the getopt detection code in the included gnulib
finds something in %prefix/include that causes it to avoid the included
GNU getopt copy. But this works only when it would also link with another
library instead of using the system getopt.

>     I've still no clue what exactly caused this but as the above CPPFLAGS
>     just removed a warning, it reverse it until we found out more...

Yes, the warning was, because /usr/include/libz.h was picked. Linking was
done with the "right" libz.

   (mk)

--
Matthias Kurz; Fuldastr. 3; D-28199 Bremen; VOICE +49 421 53 600 47
Developer Communication List                   openpkg-dev@openpkg.org