On Thu, Jul 28, 2005, David M. Fetter wrote:

> I have an idea to potentially permanently resolve the tcl/expect problem
> upon initial upgrades, etc.  Why not add an explicit statement somewhere
> within the openpkg tools so that it will always install tcl & expect in
> the same command.  If it sees they need to be updated it just does the
> 'openpkg rpm -Uhv --force tcl.rpm expect.rpm' in one command.  That
> resolves the issue right there.  Can this be done?  Would it be
> difficult?

Or make expect part of the tcl package and use tcl::with_expect ?
Hmm, imo this is at least not less obscure than a special handling
in openpkg-tools. 'expect' could be a stub that just requires
tcl::with_expect=yes.

   (mk)

--
Matthias Kurz; Fuldastr. 3; D-28199 Bremen; VOICE +49 421 53 600 47
Developer Communication List                   openpkg-dev@openpkg.org