On Mon, Dec 05, 2005, Steffen Weinreich wrote:

> Today one of my colleagues stumbled over a full disk due to a really
> large ssl.log. I admit that the loglevel was increased  from warn to
> debug, but OTOH shouldn´t the rc.apache keep track of all log?

The Apache package has an option named "apache_log_files" (note the
trailing "s"). The intention a few years ago was that the default is
just the "access.log" file. But if one has more similar files one can
set this variable in rc.conf to multiple filenames. The SSL logfile
could be added this way, too.

OTOH, you're right, the "apache" package perhaps by default should know
that mod_ssl is enabled and then automatically rotate the ssl.log file.
Hence I've now added automatic rotation of this file now, too.

http://cvs.openpkg.org/chngview?cn=26538

Thanks for the hint, Steffen.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

Developer Communication List                   openpkg-dev@openpkg.org
  • apache ssl.log Steffen Weinreich
    • Re: apache ssl.log Ralf S. Engelschall