On Sun, Feb 05, 2006, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>On Sat, Feb 04, 2006, Bill Campbell wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Feb 04, 2006, Bill Campbell wrote:
>> >I'm trying to build openpkg-20060204 on OS X Tiger this morning.
>> >
>> >The first problem I found was in OSSP uuid where there's a conflict with
>> >the system definition of uuid_t in /usr/include/unistd.h and the uuid.h.in
>> >file,
>> >
>> >So far I've tried a few things including running ``aclocal'' in the
>> >directory, but the only one that allowed uuid to build is to hack the
>> >uuid.h.in file to redefine uuid_t when building on Tiger.
>> >
>> >I did this with this patch, and modifying the openpkg.spec file to apply
>> >the patch and add ``-DDARWIN'' to CFLAGS.  I would prefer to use something
>> >that's defined by gcc automatically, but haven't been able to find the
>> >default CPP definitions on Apple's site.
>>
>> The patch I posted earlier today worked -- at least I have the
>> basic bootstrap built, have built ``make'', and am in the
>> processo of building gcc.
>>
>> Ralf probably has a better fix for uuid than this.
>> [...]
>
>Christoph S. <cs> plans to establish a MacOS X 10.4 XServe in the
>OpenPKG Foundation setup next week. Once this box is available to us
>I'll investigate on our OSSP uuid to get it building under MacOS X
>out-of-the-box (perhaps with this workaround you applied, we'll see).

Sounds good to me.

I've been building packages on my Tiger system here, finding
things like the coreutils problem with uname and hostname that I
just updated in CVS.

I gave up trying to get gcc to build, and after looking at what
they've done in the ``fink'' project, using ``virtual'' packages
for gcc, I made an empty package the Provides gcc.  Perl seemed
to be happy with that, allowing me to build the coreutils and
openpkg-tools.

The last thing I tried to build yesterday that failed was ncurses
which is needed by the diffutils package.  I suspect that this is
a problem with the ranlib arguments as it's getting an Undefined
symbol on ``__nc_trim_sgr0'' which I think is part of ncurses.

Bill

``Most people, sometime in their lives, stumble across truth. Most jump
up, brush themselves off, and hurry on about their business as if
nothing had happened.'' - Sir Winston Churchill
Developer Communication List                   openpkg-dev@openpkg.org