I spent a fair amount of time this weekend dealing with
spamassassin and adding some modules that it would like to have.

We've run into a situation occassionaly where spamd doesn't seem
to use %{l_prefix}/etc/spamassassin for its local rules.  Adding
``--siteconfigpath=%{l_prefix}/etc/spamassassin'' to the startup
cures the problem.

Adding this to the rc.spamassassin file would eliminate this type
of problem, and I don't see that it would hurt anything.

As for the perl modules, Spamassassin looks for Mail::SPF::Query
and IP::Country during the installation.  While I think that SPF
is a Bad Idea(tm), one of our larger ISP customers wanted this
added, and the IP::Country module might be useful as well.

I added the Mail::SPF::Query module here to the perl-mail
package, and IP::Country to perl-net since these seem to be the
logical packages.  I did find it necessary to add these to the
Release 2.2 and Release 2.3 packages since we were getting errors
when I tried using the CURRENT version, suitably modified to
adjust the perl version, in the earlier release trees.

My main question then is whether these changes should be made in
the CURRENT versions of spamassassin, perl-mail, and perl-net?

Bill

``It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees!''
    -- Emiliano Zapata.
Developer Communication List                   openpkg-dev@openpkg.org