While building packages on a SLES9-SP3 system, mostly Release 2.5
with some CURRENT thrown in for flavour, I found a conflict
between the perl-gtk in Release 2.5 and wx-2.6.3-20060524.src.rpm
from the current tree.  perl-gtk requires glib2 with_threads=no
while wx requires with_threads=yes.  No other package we have
installed that requires glib2 seems to care about its threads.

I haven't a clue what the issues here might be.  I assume that
somebody had a good reason to specify this.

FWIW:  I seem to have things building properly in 64 bit mode on
the Athlon-64 system after doing some crude hacks including a
local rpmmacros file to force the cflags and ldflags.  I'm
planning on writing this up with proposed changes to the
bootstrap process where it fiddles /etc/ld.so.conf, modifying
rpmtool to generate the proper cflags and ldflags, and modifying
the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the rc.openpkg run control to include the
64 bit libaries on SuSE Linux Enterpris 9 systems.

Bill

``People from East Germany have found the West so confusing. It's so much
easier when you have only one party.'' -- Linus Torvalde, Linux Expo Canada
when asked about confusion over many Linux distributions.
Developer Communication List                   openpkg-dev@openpkg.org