On Thu, Oct 12, 2006, Christoph Schug wrote:

> [...]
> >     - bugfix: exit(1) in case the PID file is not writable or
> >       a segfault would happen by the following fprintf/fclose.
>
> Well, I riped out the hunk from similar piece of code (by you :) in
> qpopper.patch. Should it be fixed there as well?

Yes, the code in QPopper is _similar_, but sufficiently different
and way correct: its err_dump() function performs an explicit exit(1).

> [...]
> >     - cosmetics: use 0-prefix patch to avoid hard-coded versions
> >       in patch files when easily possible
>
> BTW can we rid of those 0-prefix patches you'll find in all that perl-*
> packages. Why not preprocessing the patches doing a %{V_foo_bar} subst?
> We have to touch perl-* much more often that we will in case of Varnish.

One could do this, but as a result the patches would be no longer
easily maintainable by the usual "opd bp", "vi", "svs diff" sequence of
commands (which regenerate the patchset from scratch).

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

Developer Communication List                   openpkg-dev@openpkg.org