On Fri, Jan 12, 2007, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 12, 2007, Christoph Schug wrote:
>
> > >     remember why tracking is disabled
> >
> > Wouldn't it be easier to make the tracker class-aware?
>
> Hmmm... good idea. The tracker currently doesn't parse the .spec files.
> It just uses the "openpkg rpm --track-dump" option to extract the %track
> section. But we can let him query the Class explicitly, of course. This
> way it perhaps also could sort the tracking results according to the
> Class headers, too. I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the hint.

Ok, I'd to hack the vendor version tracker a little bit more than
expected (until now it wasn't necessary to extract, store and carry
forward in the RDBMS more than the %track section information), but now
the Class header information is available to the tracker. I've still not
activated that it also _SKIPS_ the JUNK packages, but the tracker now
at least does the following: 1. it annotates each package with the same
icon the package browser uses and 2. it sorts the packages within each
tracking _group_ first by the class (CORE->BASE->PLUS->EVAL->JUNK) and
then within each class alphabetically. This way one can even more easily
spot which packages can be ignored and which ones (the CORE/BASE/PLUS
ones) really should be updated. I hope this already helps...

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org