I don't know of any linker option to have it look for static libs
(other than explicitly listing them by name), but either a wrapper
to the binary or even patching the source of the binary is doable.

Reading through the source code I realize I didn't look *that* hard:

"-search_paths_first
          By default when the -dynamic flag is  in  effect,  the  -lx  and
          -weak-lx   options   first   search  for  a  file  of  the  form
          `libx.dylib' in each directory in the library search path,  then
          a  file  of  the  form  `libx.a'  is searched for in the library
          search paths.  This option changes  it  so  that  in  each  path
          `libx.dylib'  is searched for then `libx.a' before the next path
          in the library search path is searched."

So appending "-Wl,-search_paths_first" to the LDFLAGS should work too.

--anders

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org
Developer Communication List                   openpkg-dev@openpkg.org