On Thu, Oct 25, 2007, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2007, Christoph Schug wrote:
>
> > [...]
> > Ralf, I don't think it's a good idea to shutdown paths here, in
> > general they are not correct. At least on my FreeBSD boxes, it's
> > "/sbin/shutdown", and well, under Linux, which distribution flavor do
> > you like? On Debian, it is "/sbin/shutdown". I would suggest, just
> > to hardcode the shutdown parameters for each platform and let
> > "shtool path" do the rest on all platforms.
>
> Yes, good idea. Now implemented.
> Thanks for the feedback, Christoph.

Argh, seems that "shtool path" is not (yet?) suitable for the job.
First, the non-privileged build user might lack /sbin and /usr/sbin in
it PATH. This one is solvable using the "-p" option. But second, "shtool
path" searches for executables only (yes, of course). The problem is,
that the shutdown binary might not be executable by non-privileged users
(e.g., on FreeBSD, NetBSD) and therefore it cannot be found by "shtool
path".

So, hard code everything? Improve GNU shtool?

-cs

OpenPKG                                             http://openpkg.org
Developer Communication List                   openpkg-dev@openpkg.org