Hi.

What is the best way to handle packages that use imake ?

First:
Under Solaris i have to mess around with /usr/openwin/lib/config/site.def
and (at least for Solaris 8) with /usr/openwin/lib/config/sun.cf.
In site.def i had to define
#define HasSunC NO
#define HasGcc2 YES
#define MakeCmd gmake
and in sun.cf i had to remove (comment out)
#define HasSunC YES

Rpm configure/build works for me, but the install would go to the system
dirs. I tried to mess around with ProjectRoot, BinDir, UsrLibDir etc.
but this affects too many other places.

Using "$(DESTDIR)", which is respected in the Makefiles, still leads
to Paths like "%{l_prefix}/usr/openwin/{bin,lib,include}" etc.

Oh, yes, and where is the right place for X11 binaries at all ?
In "${l_prefix}/bin", in "${l_prefix}/bin/X11",... or where ?
I would vote for .../bin/X11 .../lib/X11 and .../include/X11.

Could this be solved with an OpenPKG specific imake or xmkmf ?

For now, i wrote a crude hack that transforms the directory hierarchy
after installation with "$(DESTDIR)". But that is probably not the
right solution. Especially when it comes to find the files again.

I'll attach my current version of a libxpm snippet and welcome any
comment.

   (mk)

--
Matthias Kurz; Fuldastr. 3; D-28199 Bremen; VOICE +49 421 53 600 47