On Tue, Jan 28, 2003, Andrews, Martin wrote:

> I love the new openpkg tool for updating RPM's, but I would like to hold
> onto the source RPM's that it downloads - to avoid multiple downloads for
> each platform I maintain and to keep an archive of the source for all
> software I install. I am writing a script that reads output of "openpkg
> build -s" and does the download and build itself - but I wonder if there is
> an easier way? Is there some configuration option to the openpkg tool or rpm
> itself that will cause it to hold onto the source RPM's?

We discussed this topic some time ago. The conclusion was that
this can be done easiest with a simple WebCache like squid or
apache with mod_proxy and didn't need to be built into the
build script.

Another possibility is to create a mirror of the FTP server
(internally we use rsync) and use the -f/-r options to direct
the build script to the copy.

Greetings,
--
                                       Michael van Elst