On Mon, Feb 17, 2003, Andrews, Martin wrote:

> Without forcing recompiles of everything, is there a way to have "openpkg
> build" track the versions from a repository exactly? Specifically, I want my
> various end hosts to downgrade if the main binary repository downgrades a
> package. Right now it seems that "openpkg build" will keep a new version
> installed unless I use -z - but I don't want most of my hosts recompiling.

Simple answer: no. openpkg build knows how to upgrade but not how to
downgrade. There is also the issue that a downgrade would not necessarily
reverse the effect of an upgrade.

You might archive the binary RPMs after a build so that you can downgrade
without recompiling. This would also ensure that you go back exactly to the
state (regarding versions, not regarding configuration files!) before an
upgrade.

Greetings,
--
                                       Michael van Elst