On Mon, Mar 03, 2003, Ingo T. Storm wrote:

> $openpkg index -p solaris-2.9 -o ./BIN-UPD-INDEX.rdf -i
> /export/openpkg/BIN /export/openpkg/UPD
>
> This yields "Broken Pipe" 11 times. I guess I haven't installed some
> tool openpkg needs. Any idea what the reason could be?

openpkg index reads all source rpms using rpm2cpio up to the point where
it retrieved the spec file from the archive. Then it closes the pipe
and rpm2pcio is killed with a SIGPIPE. The "Broken Pipe" message is
then generated by some shells. This is surely something that can be
improved.

> Secondly, BIN+UPD-INDEX.rdf is huge, contains lots of rpm entries and
> and I cannot find a reference to the existing 00INDEXes.

The indexer only references index files in subdirectories, not the
top-level directories you specified. So you need:

$TOP/BIN/00INDEX.rdf
$TOP/UDP/00INDEX.rdf

and then something like:

openpkg index -i $TOP

> openpkg build -f BIN+UPD-INDEX.rdf.bz2 -p solaris-2.9 -s -a | grep -v
> "^#"
>
> This also tells me that all installed packages are OK. But clearly the
> version of squid installed is old
>
> $rpm -q squid
> squid-2.5.1-1.2.0

This should not happen. Can you try this with the current version
of openpkg-tool ?

--
    ,eM""=.            a"-.                         Michael van Elst
   dWWMWM" -          :GM==;                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]