On Thu, Feb 27, 2003, Ingo T. Storm wrote:

> BTW: SUNWhea, SUNWarc, SUNWtoo, SUNWlibm is what you need on top of a
> SUNWreq install in order to be able to be able to compile apache. But
> I guess they will be required for almost any compile at all.

Ingo,
to get all OpenPKG packages up'n'running you usually need some
additional vendor packages first. We've carefully documented the ones we
used to make our efforts most reproducable. The 00README file located in
the BIN directory of every release lists the envirment used to produce
the binaries, i.e. for OpenPKG v1.2 have a look at

    ftp://ftp.openpkg.org/release/1.2/BIN/00README

It lists that we started Solaris 9 with "entire distribution".

It is obvious that developers and package builders need many tools and
system libraries which do not come with a bare bone system so sometimes
a lot of vendor packages have to be installed to make OpenPKG - and any
additional software - working. This is especially true for Solaris which
does not even come with a compiler.

We try hard to make OpenPKG as independent as possible from the
underlying OS but in the end OpenPKG is about packaging and not about
changing world order (at least most of the time :-)

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Development Team, Operations Northern Europe, Cable & Wireless