Hi.

I was not careful enough and installed some packages as ordinary user
instead as root. Would be nice when there where warnings, e.g. when
it is not possible to set perms/uids/gids during installation.

I checked the permissions using "rpm -V `rpm -qa`". Then i tried to
correct them using "su;rpm --setugids `rpm -qa`;rpm --setperms `rpm -qa`".
Is there a better/faster way ?

There is a Solaris bug in/affecting "rpm --setugids/--setperms".
This functionality is implemented by aliases in
$opkg_root/lib/openpkg/rpmpopt-4.0.2. A shell script is generated and
executed using "sh". It just burps "sh: test : argument expected" and
does nothing else.
Using "truss" i found the following: The shell script consists of commands
like "[ -L /file ] && chmod 775 /file". This commands fail, because the "-L"
was amputated from the Solaris sh some time ago (never understood, why).
Instead, one has to use "-h" - or another shell, e.g. bash. I don't know,
why sh is used to execute the commands. When possible, it should be
changed to bash. Else, the definitions for --setugids and --setperms
in $opkg_root/lib/openpkg/rpmpopt-4.0.2 should be changed, so that
they use "-h" instead of "-L".

   (mk)

--
Matthias Kurz; Fuldastr. 3; D-28199 Bremen; VOICE +49 421 53 600 47