--On Thursday, September 11, 2003 00:44:23 +0200 Michael van Elst <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 11:06:38PM +0200, Steffen Weinreich wrote:

Steffen,

build the oracle package from the cvs. But this fails since there is no
"product" directory in the Oracle Base directory of our Oracle 9.2
Client  directory.

here the oracle client installs under <base_prefix>/product/920/.

Hmm, for now I havent done a OraClient install myself, I will have a look on this...

The oracle meta package should detect an oracle installation correctly
if you set the ORACLE_HOME environment variable.

after removing the query for the product directory, I was able to build the package.

Thinking this over and over again, I got the idea to include the complete client in an openpkg package. I'm not sure if this is a good idea but OTOS our colleagues haven't to thru the install process on every machine over and over again. Ary comments on this?

cheerio
  Steve

--
Space currenty for rent