On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 03:18:32PM -0700, Bill Campbell wrote:
> I would like to see an option to openpkg that would extract the options for
> a package from the ~/.openpkg/build file, then generate the appropriate
> commands to build from the SRC/package directory.  I think this would be
> very useful when doing modification.  Now I create a build.sh file in the
> SRC directory to make it easier to build, but it would be less error-prone
> to do this with something like:
>
>       openpkg build -ba packagename | sh

-ba ?

> It would probably be necessary to be able do specify options such as
> --nodeps as well since it's entirely possible that some requirements might
> not be met yet (e.g. MTA building sudo).

I wouldn't use '--nodeps' and 'less error-prone' in a single sentence :)

If you think about package options (like with_mod_perl for apache) you
can specifiy this now.

You may also specify 'preferences' for virtual packages like MTA with -H.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]