Michael Schloh von Bennewitz wrote:

>> I try to install an armored, minimal Solaris 9 environment with
>> OpenPKG (built for /opt/local).
>>
>If you are talking about a new Solaris installation with only 'core' or 'end
>user' solaris packages, then please publish your results. Most people don't
>like installing the 'entire distribution' or even 'developer system' Solaris
>packages, but nobody has had time to really find out the interpackage
>Solaris dependencies.

I try to setup a very minimal system with a security quality somewhat
firewall like.

I don't like to fiddle with Solaris packages and patches, so I
setup a very minimal system together with open source tools
(to stay lazy, I decided to use OpenPKG).
My work is on a jumpstart diskette, which sets up a system
automagically.

Status right now:

- Core Solaris installs from CD-1, gets armored and reboots
- on reboot fetches additional Solaris packages from CD-2 via ftp
  from a distribution server
- bootstraps OpenPKG binary via ftp
  (packages reside in /opt/local, our preferred way to install open source)

To come:

- installs packages in default configuration
  pureftpd as anonymous ftp and virtual user ftp already finished

What I have now is a fully unattended setup of an armored ftp server.
Next will be an armored web server.

I will publish my jumpstart diskette in December.

Birger
------
[EMAIL PROTECTED], Network Operations Center, Karlsruhe