On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 10:05:15AM -0800, Bill Campbell wrote:

> >And if I build a package whith a desired option (--with-ldap) when OpenPKG
> >release an update would the openpkg tool be smart enouth to rebuild the new
> >package with the same option ?
>
> Only if it's in your ~/.openpkg/build file where one can specify
> everything needed by the ``openpkg'' program.

'openpkg build' will update packages with the same options that
were used when installing the packages unless you explicitely
override them on the command line (or in the .openpkg/build file).

It is still useful to have the options saved somewhere if you
need to remove a package and then install it from scratch.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]