I thought that enabling sasl in OpenLDAP allows sasl auth mechanism (but not
neccessarily agains ldap just because I build sasl with_ldap) and having sasl
--with_ldap let other aplications (like postfix) authenticate against LDAP.

Mainly I whant postix to be able to auth clients agains LDAP, so sasl
--with_ldap seams to be necessary.
In respect to OpenLDAP authentication, I'm not shure where it will be necessary.
To allow querys/changes to the LDAP database I use client_host_addr for querys
and self ACL for changes, so I guess I could leave OpenLDAP without_sasl