On Thu, Jan 29, 2004, Dennis McRitchie wrote:

> When I tried this morning, I got:
>
> Proxy Error
> The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
> The proxy server could not handle the request GET /.
>
> Reason: Could not connect to remote machine: Connection refused
> Apache/1.3.27 Server at rt.openpkg.org Port 443

Thanks for pointing out, Dennis. I shut down our bugdb (based
around rt) yesterday. The reason was a spammer successfully
injected a message that ended up in two machines talking
to each other. One was sending acknowledgements, the other
bounced them and the bounce was ack'ed. Perfect loop, see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openpkg-dev&m=107524936523920&w=4

Forensics prooved it can happen again until we improve some filter rules
and/or softare in our setup to be more picky in what they accept. But
our resources are entirely bound to OpenPKG v2.0 release engineering. So
I have to defer bringing the service back up for a indefinite amount of
time (worst case until shortly after the release).

This is especially annoying as we have to resolve some OpenPKG v2.0
development and ALPHA deployment issues. Sorry, we have to stick to the
mailing lists, text editor, paper and whiteboard until the root cause of
the problem is eliminated. (technically speaking. We won't eliminate the
spammer ;-)

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], Cable & Wireless