Thanks, Martin.  I had seen that howto doc already.  I'm asking more
about how to do this in the context of OpenPKG.  There was mention in
an earlier thread about the LDAP/SASL chicken or the egg problem,
with a semi-vague mention of how to go about it, but nothing specific
(and no word as to whether the original questioner ever got this
working themselves..)  So, if anyone has, can you post a procudure to
go about this?