On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 12:25:50PM +0100, Birger Kraegelin wrote:

> I had similar errors on building perl-xxx packages, which silently depend on
> perl-openpkg at runtime, not at build time. So the build command doesn't
> respect the dependencies.

All the perl-xxx packages depend on perl-openpkg at runtime and at build
time.

In any case, the build tool doesn't know much about this difference. It
treats all dependencies as build dependencies (because it doesn't
matter if a package is built too early). At the end it deletes all
newly installed packages that were added to the list only because
of build dependecies.

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst