On Fri, Mar 19, 2004, Matthias Kurz wrote:
>[...]
> Though, i tried it under Solaris-8/x86. So i gave up.
>
> Oh, where do the parameters "--no-print-directory -j4" come from in
> your case ? Or why are they missing in my case ?

The make argument -j4 causes make to fork four times. OpenPKG will supply
this argument only on multiple CPU systems, because it is the only case
which makes sense. Basically -ji where i = 2 x CPUs. Mark must have 2 CPUs
on his system hence -j4. You must have only one CPU. Sorry, unlucky guy.

The piece responsible for figuring this all out is the rpmtool, under your
prefix/lib/openpkg directory:

  mich$ /opkg/lib/openpkg/rpmtool mflags make
  --no-print-directory -j24
  mich$

The rpmtool uses some other logic to add in --no-print-directory. Basically,
if the GNU make is being used then the above argument is used.

The rpmtool is just a bourne shell script that Ralf wrote. You can read it
yourself to see what else it does.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Development Team, Operations Northern Europe