On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 11:52, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 28, 2004, David M. Fetter wrote:
>
> > >From what I can tell, if you have the Plan9 rc shell installed then when
> > rc.func calls for rc {args} it fails because it finds the Plan9 rc
> > instead of the builtin OpenPKG rc.  Is this a bug or am I just doing
> > something wrong?  Uninstalling the Plan9 rc fixes the problem.
>
> Hmmm... according to the source of "rc" itself, this should not happen
> because it has:
>
> | PATH="$prefix/bin:$PATH"
> | PATH="$prefix/sbin:$PATH"
> | PATH="$prefix/lib/openpkg:$PATH"
>
> And in $prefix/lib/openpkg there is a "rc" wrapper. I see only one
> situation in the source of "rc" where a $prefix/bin/rc could make
> trouble: under "rc --eval" the original PATH is used (for reasons I no
> longer can remember). So, does it happen for you just under "rc --eval"?

Yes, that does seem to be where it's happening.  It is with a script
that we're using in conjunction with cfengine (written by another
co-worker).  So, it seems that the work around then is to just not
install the Plan9 rc shell?  Is this ultimately going to be fixed or is
it a permanent type thing?

--
David M. Fetter - UNIX Systems Administrator
Portland State University - www.oit.pdx.edu