On Tue, Jun 22, 2004, Alexander Belck wrote:

Alex!

> Should I expect any known problem using OpenPKG over RH-7.3 ?

RHL9 is a obsoleted platform in OpenPKG 2.0 which means there are no
binaries available for anything but CORE packages. It is very likely
that we'll throw out our machine past the OpenPKG 2.1 release or install
another OS on it which will inhibit us reproducing problems. The largest
problems you'll face will be vanished support by the vendor and lack of
support by the community. The latter includes the various developers of
all the open source applications which might introduce or already have
requirements this old OS doesn't satisfy. Experience shows operating
systems die slowly, you'll can continue to be happy with it for some
more years.

> So far I build tha basic openpkg-2.0.3 rom source, openpkg-tools and
> gcc with no problems, [...]
OpenPKGs approach building from sources will help you further extend
the life of your existing environment. (Wow, what a marketing rubbish:
watch out if you can mark a cross at the "bullshit bingo" [1] today :-)
Finally, we do not forbid to ask questions or post patches ...

[1] http://www.perkigoth.com/home/kermit/stuff/bullshitbingo/

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED], Cable & Wireless