Hi everyone,

On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 02:20:57PM -0500, Aaron Bostick wrote:
> This works in 2.0.  2.1 may be a little different.  You have to install
> these in this order on all machines to get the 'build' tool working:
>
> openpkg
> make
> binutils
> gcc
> perl
> openpkg-tools

yes and no. The build tool uses perl, but it is not necessary to
build perl manually for using the tool. It will try to use any
perl it finds.

With a native perl from the OS (on all Linux machines, even on
Solaris nowadays) I run the bootstrap, then as the 'opkg' user
I run something like:

openpkg rpm -i ftp://ftp.openpkg.org/release/2.1/SRC/openpkg-tool\*
openpkg rpmbuild RPM/SRC/openpkg-tools/openpkg-tools.spec
openpkg rpm -U RPM/PKG/openpkg-tools*
openpkg build -Ua | sh

to install openpkg-tools and pull in any updates. The nice thing
about this procedure is that I don't have to care about what
version is available and can put those commands in a small script.

The basic rpm commands like -i can use wildcards. The --rebuild
command (which combines -i of the source rpm and the rpmbuild
run) can't.

Finally I make a ~opkg/.openpkg/build containing something like:

-P /usr/pkg/bin/sudo

with a reasonable configured sudo on the system :-) or else:

-P -su root -c

so that I can run builds as the opkg user.

> If you have custom packages and need to rebuild your index then you can
> cron this as well:
>
> 0 4 * * * /opkg/bin/openpkg index -c -r OpenPKG-2.0/Source/ -o
> /mirror/release/2.0/SRC/00INDEX.rdf.bz2 -i /mirror/release/2.0/SRC/

With many source packages (such as a full release repository) you really
do want to use caching using -C (and you need to have the perl DB_File
module installed).

> After you have your mirror setup, the build command above changes to:
>
> /opkg/bin/openpkg build -f ftp://<your server
> name>/release/2.0/00INDEX.rdf ntp | /bin/sh -

If you regularly build from a mirror you may want to put the -f
option (and/or -r option) into $HOME/.openpkg/build

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]