On Thu, Aug 05, 2004, Alexander Belck wrote:

> I don't know exactly what is needed for the openpkg_binaryies.
> I set up the sugested opa() function and after login I issue opa /opkg.
> That works nice, but if I need to execute a bin without login ?
> Is it fine to give the full path for the openpkg binary without prior preparing
> the environment (without opa /opkg) ?

Sure, just run the "foo" program via "/opkg/bin/foo".

> Also, is there any proplem using one server from the underlaying OS that
> integrat with services run from OpenPKG at the same hoste ?
> [...]

Yes, if you have for instance Postfix MTA installed both from the vendor
and from OpenPKG is will conflict at least when trying to bind to the
listening socket. Either disable the vendor daemon or even deinstall it.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                       www.engelschall.com