On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 08:28:31AM +0300, Georgy Goshin wrote:

> But I still need information about what is Dual MTA in sendmail's case and
> how to configure AMAVIS to work with sendmail in OpenPKG.

Dual MTA probably refers to the modern sendmail configuration where
you have two sendmail processes. One talking to the rest of the
world and one dealing with mail originating from the mailserver.

This is also the setup that OpenPKG uses.

amavisd is a "milter" for sendmail. "milter" is sendmail's "mail filter"
API.

You define a "milter" process for amavisd with the INPUT_MAIL_FILTER macro
in the sendmail.m4 file like:

INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`milter-amavis',
 `S=local:@l_prefix@/var/amavisd/amavisd.sock, F=T, T=S:10m;R:10m;E:10m')
define(`confMILTER_MACROS_ENVFROM',
 confMILTER_MACROS_ENVFROM``, {b}'')dnl # supply macro {b} to helper

with a proper replacement for @l_prefix@ and then build sendmail.cf
from this.

I haven't tried it myself :-)

Greetings,