Today I updated apache following security advise.
It happens that the instalation overides rc.apache that should be treated as a
configuration file, since there ara options that could be set previously (and
in this specific case, I needed to implement the graceful action).

In general form I think that the rpm install script should at least rename the
old version to .rpmsave or make the new a .rpmnew if files differ and display a
warning.

Thanks,

Alex

--